Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Here is Brayden's birthday cake. There is a good story behind the birthday cake. Brayden picked a Superman cake this year for his birthday. If any of you saw the pictures from his birthday last year that is the cake he picked last year as well. Since I already had the Superman cake pan I was just going to do the same thing I did last year. I made the cake in the morning giving myself plenty of time to decorate it. After I had let the cake cool for a few minutes I turned it upside down on the flat pan and half of it came out and the other half stayed in the pan. I oiled the pan so I am not sure what happened. It was yummy to eat warm though so the kids and I had a treat. I still didn't have a cake though for his birthday party that night. I called the grocery store to see if they had one or could make me a superman cake for that night. They told me that they usually need a full days' notice, but that they could probably do it. Lance left Conner's T-Ball game early to pick up the cake. I get a call from the grocery store asking me what kind of cake I ordered. I told them a Superman cake. The girl paused and said, "well we made a Spiderman cake". What was I going to do? Needless to say, as you can see, Brayden didn't get his Superman cake. Good thing he wasn't upset. He actually like it. Yea!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: